Wednesday 14 August 2013

Gold Christmas

This is my very first Christmas card, I have got plenty more to go though.

I used Gold Elements as the die, I cut out two of the triangular dies in the set.
I matted and layered white card and then gold card, I used very small gold flecks that I stuck on to the edges of the card.

The panel that I worked on was embossed with the Cascading Hearts embossing folder by Creative Expressions (chosen by Sue Wilson).  My two die cut panels had two extra panels cut out with gold paper, I then used gold coloured micro beads to give a bit of texture.  I stuck the die cut pieces on top of the gold card.  Once these were dry, I stuck the two pieces onto the main panel, I then put a piece of ribbon round the centre of the card and tied a double bow and stuck that on top of the ribbon.

The only embellishments that I used were the sets of double hearts at the top and bottom, the dazzler in the centre of the bow and my 'Merry Christmas' sentiment. 








I do hope that you like my first Christmas card.





4 comments:

Ita said...

Hi Jen this is stunning I would never have thought to use this Die for a Christmas card.
Smiles
Ita

Unknown said...

Stunning Jen, love your card. Would never have thought of using this die for Christmas. Clever girl.

Wilma x x x

Unknown said...

Absolutely stunning Jen!!!!! I sure do like your first Christmas card, need you ask?? LOL The bow is simply gorgeous and really compliments your card.. Just beautfiul!!!! hugs

NanaConnie said...

Glorious Christmas card in that gold and white, Jen. Love your design with that banner sentiment and those micro beads. Beautiful!