Saturday 26 October 2013

Mum and Dad's Anniversary

Hi everyone, I haven't been about much and not been making many cards, which is why I haven't been online.  Anyway, it was my Mum and Dad's Wedding Anniversary a few days ago and I made them a framed card, which was taken from a tutorial on Christina Griffiths' blog - card-magic-magic.com
I go to Christina's site on a regular basis, either to learn something new or just to remind myself how to do certain things.  She is adding newer cards to her blog on a regular basis, so if you haven't had a look, why not pop over and see what she has to offer in the way of card-making.  I have found it to be an invaluable source of inspiration and ideas and it is generally my first pit-stop before I start making my cards, especially at the moment when I have lost my 'mojo'.

So onto the card that I made for my Mum and Dad.


If you follow the tutorial on Christina's blog, you will get the same or similar type of card.  I put silver ribbon with flecks of silver on the top left hand and the bottom right hand corner of the card.  This picture also shows the envelobox that I used for the card.  There are roses and carnations used on the card and to put a little colour on the card I used yellow roses as my Mum loves them.  I sprinkled the flowers with some glamour dust to give them a bit of sparkle.

Yellow is most well-known as a symbol of friendship, however, they can also represent joy, new beginnings, intellectual energy, happiness and lightheartedness.




This is a segment of the envelobox that I made for the card and I put a little corsage with yellow and white roses.


Another segment of the envelobox showing the beautiful butterfly ribbon which I got from Wild Orchid Crafts.

I hope that you like the card I made for my Mum and Dad, I know that they loved it which is the best that I could have asked for.









2 comments:

Unknown said...

WOW amazing card and box Jen. Bet they loved it. Christina has a great blog and I try many of her designs.

Wilma x x x

Ita said...

Hi Jen this is a. Work of art .it must have taking hours to make .
I m still in hospital
Smiles
Ita